Browse Best Health Messages, we have a special collection of superb, one line and short Health Messages. Get Beautiful Health Messages.
- Is it better to tell people about the harms of certain health decisions or about the benefits of positive health related decisions? Studies that delve into this very question have differing results. However, a new paper just published by Cornell Food & Brand
- Mosquitoes, flies, ticks, bugs and freshwater snails can spread diseases that cause serious illness and death.
- Diseases such as malaria, dengue, leishmaniasis and yellow fever are preventable, yet they have the biggest impact on some of the world’s poorest people
- Is it better to tell people about the harms of certain health decisions or about the benefitsof positive health related decisions? Studies that delve into this very question have differing results, however, a new paper just published by Cornell Food & Brand Lab inNutrition Reviews, finds that the type of health messaging that is most effective might vary depending on certain characteristics of the target audience
- Those who are highly involved in the field that a message relates to are more influenced by negative loss-framed messages such as: “If you don’t use sunscreen you are more likely to get skin cancer.” Co-author Lizzy Pope, Associate Professor and Director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics at the University of Vermont explains: “a medical doctor would be more influenced by this style of messaging because they have the knowledge base to process the message and feel a duty to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, in this case, the negative nature of the message would be perceived more as a call to action than as a threat
- You can protect yourself and your family by taking simple measures that include sleeping under a bednet, wearing a long-sleeved shirt and trousers and using insect repellent