Browse Best By Famous Writers Quotes, we have a special collection of superb, one line and short By Famous Writers Quotes. Get Beautiful By Famous Writers Quotes.
- The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.
- The White House was designed by Hoban, a noted Irish-American architect, and I have no doubt that he believed by incorporating several features of the Dublin style he would make it more homelike for any President of Irish descent. It was a long wait, but I appreciate his efforts.
John F. Kennedy
- Fewer things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
- In architecture the pride of man, his triumph over gravitation, his will to power, assume a visible form. Architecture is a sort of oratory of power by means of forms.
- A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labours of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received.
- The measure of a master is his success in bringing all men round to his opinion 20 years later.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I am a Millionaire. That is my religion.
George Bernard Shaw
- Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
- The fiery trials through which we pass will light us down in honour or dishonour to the latest generation.
- All would live long, but none would be old.